As you go through the stretches that follow, take note that many stretches are advanced and should not be performed by all people. My desire with the stretches that follow and with this website is to give everybody a choice and a wide variety of stretches that they may want to incorporate in their daily lives. Before you start your program, there are a few things you want to do:
- Consult a physician before starting any new program.
- Warm up. At least 5-10 minutes.
- Take stretching seriously! Focus on what you are trying to accomplish.
- Focus on Posture. You should sit or stand nice and tall, no slouching.
- Move slowly in and out of each stretch.
- Focus on proper breathing.
- Be comfortable when stretching. Wear loose fitting or stretchy clothes.
- Consciously focus on the muscle being stretched.
- Hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds.
- Get rid of all distractions. Find a quiet place to stretch.
When the TStretch strap was designed, I designed it to be used in a specific way. The following pictures will illustrate how I put on the strap. The great thing about this strap is that when you put it on, all you have to do is turn it around your ankle for the
Position the strap so the you will be able to pull it from behind your heel along the bottom of your foot or shoe. Secure the velcro snuggly.
Once the strap is secured, pull the strap along bottom of your foot. Maintain tension as you move slowly into your first stretch.
To stretch other muscles, simply twist your foot to position the strap’s tension along other areas as you slowly move from stretch to stretch.